Renewable energy careers have been one of the most in-demand jobs nowadays. In fact, some roles are even expected to be highly coveted until 2026. Aside from the continuous increase in job vacancies, clean energy jobs also offer high compensation, even up to six-figure salaries.
Now, who says saving the earth and having a remunerative salary is impossible?
In an article, Business Insider reported solar panel installers and wind turbine technicians are some of the fastest-growing jobs in the United States. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), these jobs are growing at a rate 12 times as fast as the rest of the U.S. economy.
Here are some of the most lucrative careers in the renewable energy sector. Interestingly, these jobs have median yearly earnings more than the overall national median of $38,640 as per the BLS.
Most In-Demand and high-Paying Clean Energy Jobs (in random order):
- Civil Engineers – The job growth for this position is anticipated to increase by 10.6 percent by 2026. It has an estimated annual salary of $86,640. It is usually in demand in the green construction, renewable energy generation, research and design, and consulting services sectors.
- Financial Analysts – At least 10.9 percent of job growth by 2026. What is more, this profession earns up to $85,660 in annual salary and wanted in sectors such as governmental and regulatory administration, green constructions, and consulting services.
- Roofers – One of the most essential jobs in the green construction sector. Roofers would have an 11.1 percent job increase by 2026. Additionally, they can earn up to $39,970 annually.
- Environmental Scientists – They are seen to have 11.1 percent job growth by 2026 and is vital in the environment protection sector. Also, their annual salary can reach up to $71,130 in a year.
- Construction Managers – Wanted in the environment protection and green construction sectors. They earn up to $93,370 annually.
- Systems Software Developers – They are vital in the consulting services, design, and research sectors and earn approximately $110,000 every year.
- Training and Development Specialists – This career is expected to increase by up to 11.5 percent by 2026. They are mostly in demand in the energy efficiency, research, consulting services, design, and green construction sectors. Also, people in this profession can earn up to $60,870 annually.
- Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators – This profession would see 12.3 percent job growth by 2026. The green construction sector hires them. Further, they earn approximately $47,810 annually.
- Structural Iron and Steel Workers – Would probably have 12.8 percent job growth by 2026 and are in demand in the green construction and manufacturing sectors. Also, they can earn up to $53,970 every year.
- Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers – This career would see 13.9 percent job growth by 2026 and earns up to $70, 910 per year. They are essential in the energy efficiency sector.
- Wind Turbine Service Technicians – A whopping 96.3 percent job growth by 2026 is expected for this profession. The renewable energy generation sector hires them. They can earn up to $54,370 in a year.
- Solar PV Installers – Expected to have the highest job growth by 2026 with 104.9 percent. Moreover, they earn approximately $42,680 a year and is valuable in the renewable energy generation sector.
Whether you are a company looking for the perfect candidate for a vacant position or a job seeker trying to find a job to jumpstart your professional career in the renewable energy sector, Phillip Riley is here to assist you. For more information on how we can help you, you may contact Phillip Riley’s Director of Americas, Meredith Fuselier at [email protected] or visit www.philliprileyus.com